Saturday, April 7, 2012

Kitchen War... Dust Bowl

Thursday evening, we finished up mudding the drywall in the kitchen. I set up the fan to speed up the drying with the intent on sanding on Friday.

Friday, Robyn and I were up fairly early.  She's off on most Fridays and I took a day of vacation as it was her birthday, plus we were taking her Sportage in to get an alarm system installed.  We ran errands during the day and then celebrated her birthday at Forepaugh's in St. Paul.

I didn't any sanding done Friday, but more than made up for it on Saturday.  We blocked off the kitchen but still there was a thin film of dust throughout the entire house.
 

There was a bit more than a "film of dust" in the kitchen.  Gonna be quite a chore to get everything cleaned up throughout the house.

It took about 4 hours to sand everything down in the kitchen.  Once that was done, I went back and filled in few low spots.  While that was drying, I worked to finish connecting up the electrical.


The new outlet for the microwave.


Junction box extended to new outlet from where range fan was.


Dimmer switch for new kitchen light.

Once the electric was hooked up (all but the new light), I sanded down the little bit of patchwork that I'd done.


Then it was time for me to get cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment