Saturday, April 23, 2011

This helper doesn't scream when you hit it...

Today, I continued the building of a soffit around the ductwork in the living room.  This particular run of ductwork requires a box 12' 8" long X 12" wide X 12" deep.  Building the box and then attaching it to the ceiling would basically mean that Robyn and I would have to lift five 12 foot long 2x4's and hold them up until they are attached; something we can't do by ourselves.  So I decided to build them in place.  Difficult still but not nearly as challenging.  Using "helpers" like the one below, I could put up a section at a time and attach it by myself.


I figured this was a more prudent approach after the first 2x4 came loose from the ceiling before I could get it nailed up and conked Robyn on the head, leaving a nice little mark on the back of her head where the 2x4 hit her and her forehead where it knocked her into the ladder.  She didn't scream either... but her eyes watered.

We also bought our first appliance for the house.


This way we can bring leftovers from home in the cooler Tammy got me for my birthday and heat them.  Today we had Cincinnati chili over spaghetti squash.

We also put the final coat on the dining room; Robyn did most of the work.  


No comments:

Post a Comment