Monday, April 18, 2011

Wagner Power Plus Sprayer Review

I must confess... I am a gadget addict.  That's why I've been excited to try out the Wagner Power Plus Sprayer that I'd bought to paint the bedroom before we moved from Ohio.

Robyn was leery about me trying out the new sprayer on her bedroom.  I agreed because it was a smaller room and probably was a bit overkill.

Good choice on her part!

Robyn works late on Mondays, so I took the opportunity to run by the house and try the sprayer out on the dining room.  I figured in a hour or so I could have the whole thing primed and ready.

WRONG!!!

There are insufficient adjectives and adverbs that are printable in a blog for general publication that describes how bad the Wagner Power Plus sprayer is.

It is extremely difficult just to attach the sprayer to the paint container.  It is difficult to align and difficult to tighten.  But once you get it attached, the fun starts!!!

I spray painted about a 4 foot strip before the sprayer started spitting out little gobs of paint.  Not good.

I figured the primer might be a little thick.  So I dumped it back in the 5 gallon bucket.  Went downstairs.  Rinsed out the sprayer.  Sprayed water through it to it misted.  Went back up stairs.  Put a cup of water in the paint container.  Dipped paint out of the bucket.  Stirred it up really well, getting even more paint on my hands.



Struggled some more with attaching the sprayer to the container.  Spilled more paint.  And then started spraying some more.

This time I got about 4 square feet spray painted before it started spitting out little gobs of paint.  Jeez.

Most definitely not worth the time, trouble, or money.  A good gadget works easily and intuitively.  This does neither and ranks right up there in the Hall of Ignominy with the "As Seen on TV" boiled egg peeler.

No comments:

Post a Comment