Thursday, April 14, 2011

When you gotta go, you gotta go...

To Home Depot.

Last night when I picked up my laminate for the bathroom, the woman checking me out asked if we were working with an interior designer.  I said nope, Robyn was coming up with the color scheme and design ideas.

Now I was back to pick out that essential household furnishing... a toilet.  The trip was a little bit more frustrating than my usual trips to Home Depot.  Usually you can't walk across the store without 4 or 5 associates asking if they could help you.  This time I lingered and lingered for what seemed like an eternity before I could find someone to help.

After spending 20 minutes with a associate who called the warehouse, he found out that the toilet I'd picked out was no longer manufactured... well the bowl was but the tank wasn't.  So then the process started over, back to the displays, look at the specs, go through the catalog, pick out a different model, explain him home to widen the columns on the display so he can see the order number, watch him "hunt and peck" type my order in. 

Once he finished my order, he was more in his comfort zone helping me pick out a new bathtub and wall panels.  I was looking for a fiberglass one that I didn't have to reinforce the tub bottom.  And it had to be a 4 piece to get it up the stairs and around two 90 degree turns.  Found one.  Since it is a stock item, I didn't have to order it.  I'll just pick it up in a couple of weeks when I do the bathroom.

So what makes the toilet so special?  You know if it goes down, does anything else really matter?  After living in an apartment, I definitely wanted a "more efficient" model so I checked out the flush power ratings on all the models.   And then picked one that matched our bathroom color scheme...


Yep... black.  I hear it's even stain resistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment